Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Some praise for Vol.1 Issue 1

The following is a post/review from www.williamvandegrift.blogspot.com

Yesterday my issue of Lorraine and James arrived in the mail and I spent this morning reading Anita's wonderful essay! I'm so proud of her! I read A Slight Case of Hypomania in its early stages and am so moved by the progress she has made with it- not that it needed much improvement- but I'm astounded by the amount of depth she's added to her voice in the rewrites. The inaugural issue of this journal has a wonderful story by Debbie Ann Ice called Sculpting. I read this piece thinking it was an essay (non fiction) and was disappointed to find out that it is fiction. Not that being fiction dilutes the quality of the story, but I really believed it and it was somewhat a letdown for me, although this is perhaps the highest compliment to pay a fiction writer.

Click HERE to order a copy of this issue or to read a snippet of Anita's essay.

Also, I really like the last section of this journal called "Some of my all-time favorites" where the contributors name the books that have had the most influence upon themselves and their writing.



We like that. And we like you Mr. Vandegrift! Thank you for spreading the word.


wordjunkie/editor/litlobbyist
Lorraine and James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home